Dr Kate Fayers FRCP
Consultant Diabetologist at South Health NHS Foundation Trust.
Patient empowerment has been at the heart of Kate’s strategy for developing an intermediate community service which has relocated type 1 and type 2 diabetes care into the community and is supported by a portfolio of education for patients and healthcare professionals alike. Patient engagement has been vital to the success of the service and it is Kate’s vision to employ service users at the heart of the service, co-developing peer support programmes and care pathways.
The community diabetes service has invested heavily in leadership development at every level, leading to successful nominations at the 2013 Quality In Care Awards and HSJ Care Integration Awards.
Dr Fayers is part of the morning Panel Discussion on Monday
‘More than Medicine’ Integrated healthcare paying dividends for all.’
Moderated by Andy Burman, Chief Executive, BDA
- How can we work effectively as a team with GPs, hospitals, social support and third sector services?
- Where do we base our services?
- What are the best examples of collaboration?
- Where is best practice communication across multi-disciplinary teams and organisational boundaries?
- Examples of innovation and improvement in community diabetes